Aloha and Welcome to the
Vic-Maui Victoria Moorage Information and Bookings Page
Please review this information page carefully before booking Vic-Maui Victoria Moorage
Come and enjoy a fun filled week of pre-start activities in Victoria, the Capital City of British Columbia and one of the most beautiful harbours in the world.
Moorage is available to Vic-Maui competitor, official, sponsor, and designated spectator boats. Vic-Maui fleet moorage will be at the Causeway Docks in front of the Parliament Buildings in Victoria's Inner Harbour. Officially, moorage reservations are from noon to noon. We will do our best to accommodate earlier arrivals. Power may be available on a shared basis. Rafting may be required.
Moorage with the Vic-Maui fleet is available from July 5 - July 12. All moorage within these dates should be booked through Vic-Maui (i.e. here) in order to be moored in the section of the Causeway Docks that is reserved for the Vic-Maui fleet and to take full advantage of Vic-Maui mooring rates.
If you are planning to arrive earlier than July 5 or depart later than July 12, you should make one booking with Vic-Maui for the July 5 - 12 portion of your stay, and a second booking directly with the Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (GVHA) for the extended portion(s) of your stay. Please note that bookings made directly with the GVHA will not be at the Vic-Maui mooring rate and may be in a different area of Causeway Docks, or in a different marina.
Planning your Vic-Maui moorage arrival and departure dates:
- Vic-Maui moorage is available from July 5 - 12
- Starts are scheduled for July 9, 10, 11, & 12
(see Notice to Competitors - Final Start Dates and Times for start dates and times)
- Pre-start socials are scheduled for July 8 & 10, during the afternoons
- Competitor boats are required by the Notice of Race to be in their assigned slip not less than 48 hours prior to their scheduled start. In practice, this means arriving at least two calendar days before your scheduled start. This rule has not changed.
- Originally, two days of moorage was included with your race entry fee, however we have now expanded this to three days.
- We are encouraging boats to arrive three days before their start date. Most boats do anyway. More time, more fun, less stress!
- If you plan to arrive even earlier than three days before your start, then you will need to make an additional Victoria Moorage reservation, at an extra cost to you.
Designated spectator boats:
- Spectator boats coming for competitor boats in all starts should plan to arrive on July 6 and to depart on July 12.
- Spectator boats coming for competitor boats in the July 9 Start only, should plan to arrive on July 6 and to depart on July 9 or later.
- Spectator boats coming for competitor boats in the July 10 Start only, should plan to arrive on July 7 and to depart on July 10 or later.
- Spectator boats coming for competitor boats in the July 11 Start only, should plan to arrive on July 8 and to depart on July 11 or later.
- Spectator boats coming for competitor boats in the July 12 Start only, should plan for to arrive on July 9 and to depart on July 12.
- Sponsor boats should plan to arrive on July 6 and depart on July 12.
- Official boats should plan to arrive on July 5 and depart on July 12.
- Official boats should contact email@example.com to make moorage reservations.
Early-Bird moorage pricing will be in effect until June 24. Vic-Maui moorage bookings are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.